SCF EP #5 : HELEN ANDREW OF SPARE HARVEST
In this episode of the podcast I sat down with Helen Andrew of Spare Harvest. Spare Harvest is all about wasting less and sharing more. We covered a lot in this episode including Pitching to over 100 people, pushing kids off cliffs and the importance of a good night's rest. I had a bunch of fun chatting with Helen and I hope you enjoy the listen.
Things Mentioned in the Episode
- The Aussie breakfast of champions
- Helen’s background
- How did Spare Harvest come to be? (there’s only so much mandarin juice you can drink!)
- Building a network from scratch
- Startup weekend and pitching in front of 100 people
- Continually growing and learning
- What community means to Helen (making a difference as a collective group)
- Plans for global dominance
- Start with Why - Simon Sinek
- Innovation is about solving a problem
- Resilience, Faith and Patience. The essential traits for making an impact.
- Removing State Government
- Not being afraid to ask and questioning things
- The importance of a good night's sleep
- Making kids and the family the priority
- How you (the listener) can get onboard and get behind Helen and Spare Harvest
- Rapid Fire Questions
- Favourite Beach - Mooloolaba
- Favourite Restaurant/Cafe - Ricks Garage
- Tea or Coffee - Green Tea
- One suburb on the coast Helen would never live in - Mooloolaba
Where to Connect
Website - https://www.spareharvest.com/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/spareharvest
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/SpareHarvest
Instagram - https://instagram.com/spareharvest/
Did you enjoy the podcast?
I hope so. If you have any feedback, I'd love to hear it. I'm always looking to improve and make this show the best it can be. You can get in touch and provide feedback and comments in the following ways:
- Head over to iTunes and leave a rating and review.
- Via the Sunshine Coast Frontier Facebook Page.
- Say hello via the contact form.